Friday, October 20, 2017

Hey, Happy Apple Day!

Tomorrow is Apple Day...supposedly celebrated first in 1990 and mostly celebrated in United Kingdom. But I say, hey, apples are for everyone. So, Happy Apple Day. I've got some Apple fun for you today.



First up, and most importantly, a delish looking apple pie recipe. This is a simple recipe and my mom uses a similar one—she and I do mix the cinnamon and sugar into the sliced apples (instead of layering with the apples), with a tablespoon or so of flour and a teaspoon or so of lemon juice. 

Also, we've found Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts (that you roll out a little) are sooo good. You don't even need to make your own crusts to get a great pie. Don't forget to vent your pie after putting on the top crust and crimping it. Set the whole pie plate on foil to catch drips. So easy and delicious.


Second, some really cute apple projects you can make. I love this idea for decorating or even little gift boxes for teachers. They used glass paint, but alcohol inks would work for coloring too. The paint would probably be less expensive. I even saw where someone filled their clear bottle with red tissue paper. I think these are a little classier.



Next I have some free digi apple art and fave Pinterest ideas for cards.



This one is yummy looking...caramel apples rock!


Lawn Fawn always has the cutest images. This card is from The Dies Have It blog.


Lastly, one more apple goody before I go...Power Poppy stamps are gorgeous and so realistic...pop over to see more of their goodness here. I have several digi stamps of theirs and they are a joy to color.


Happy Friday,
Chark





1 comment:

  1. Well well well Happy Apple Day to you too!! May be a little late?! Let's make it a Happy Apple Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!